The Porsche All Electric Concept e Sports Car Offering
Porsche All Electric Concept e Sports Car.
At last Porsche is moving into the electric sports car market with a concept entry that they are calling the Mission e. The car is all Porsche in design with many new innovation beyond off course being electric.
The Mission e concept is powered by an 800-volt drive system that boasts 2 electric motors providing over 600 hp ( 440 kW) and over a 500 km driving range.
More Specifications details.
- All-wheel drive and all-wheel steering
- zero to 100 km/h acceleration in under 3.5 seconds
- Charging time of around 15 minutes to reach an 80 per cent charge of electrical energy.
- Instruments are intuitively operated by eye-tracking and gesture control, some even via holograms
- Highly oriented toward the driver by automatically adjusting the displays to the driver’s position.
About the Drive system
The drive system of the Mission E is entirely new. Two permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM), accelerate the sports car and recover braking energy. Together the two motors produce over 600 hp, propelling the Mission E to a speed of 100 km/h in less than 3.5 seconds and to 200 km/h in under twelve seconds.
Porsche touts another advantage of the new all electric drives system which is the ability to develop their full power even after multiple accelerations at short intervals. The Concept-e, is a need-based all-wheel drive system combined with the Porsche Torque Vectoring, which automatically distributes torque to the individual wheels, transfers the drive system’s power to the road, and all-wheel steering gives precise, sporty steering in the desired direction. The car is fast. Really fast as the Mission E lap time on the Nürburgring Nordschleife is under the eight-minute mark.