Using Science To Find New Ways To Extinguish A Candle
How many ways are there to put out a candle? Well that depends on your knowledge of physics and too some extent, your imagination.
Physics girl attempts to find the coolest ways to put out a candle while teaching us some science.
- What happens when you pour liquid nitrogen on a flame?
- What about when you blow on the flame with a cup in the way?
Have you ever tried to extinguish a flame by doing any of these things?
- Pour out the flame with CO2.
- Cut off the oxygen supply to the flame without fully covering it.
- Snuff out the flame with a coil of copper wire, and when it appears dead, it will amazingly come back to life!